5 Facebook Advertising Tips
Facebook Ads – The Image is the Thing!
Facebook ads are probably the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for getting traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other objective imaginable for your website. Ad campaigns are incredibly easy to set up, include excellent targeting tools (my most favorite feature for Facebook business pages), and can be online in minutes.
There is one key factor to understand when it comes to receiving the best results and return on investment: find the most effective images available. It’s been shown that imagery is over 70% of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s take a look at some useful tips for getting the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that produces a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Here are five ways to do exactly that!
- Use real photos or high quality stock images –Since your images are going to end up very small, make sure you’re purchasing stock photos from a reputable resource. BigStock, Fotolia, and iStockPhoto are our favorites. The XS size of available images will be fine, as even these are cut down to the size of a postage stamp (110×80 pixels).
- Crop to deliver impact – Crop your photos closely to spotlight the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. Whenever using product images, zoom in! As shown here, one image can provide multiple ad campaign options. So don’t rule out those group shots even though you might only need one head!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting images will do wonders for your click-through rates. A lot of people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thereby consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, opt for the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This is not to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor when you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you’ve got the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! This will surely result in a higher click-through rate!
For some good illustrations of these imagery principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.