5 Tips for Creating EMail Newsletters
No email newsletter? You’re missing out!
Many businesses are of the opinion that the e-newsletter is a tool from earlier times, when we were all connected to dial-up Internet via AOL and “surfed” the internet like a herd of turtles with Netscape. Although the e-newsletter may not be considered “new media”, it’s still a useful tool that you would do well to employ.
Any way you can communicate more effectively and connect with your audience in a purposeful fashion is a useful one. An e-newsletter is an extremely good method to use for building authority and ultimately driving sales. According to the Direct Marketing Association, every $1 spent on email marketing creates $40 in revenue. Aweber reveals that 77% of small business owners report increased revenue by using email.
Not your grandmother’s e-newsletters anymore!
Don’t be buffaloed into thinking that your e-newsletter needs to be as bland and un-sexy as those you’ve made the mistake of opting in for. Here are some eye-catching examples of e-newsletters that rock! Also, make sure you’re not simply selling, but engaging your readers with useful, interesting content. Kayak, for example, isn’t just telling you about the latest travel deals, they’re getting you salivating over the notion of travel and fun. Additionally, they go out of the way to engage their readers.
5 tips for creating an e-newsletter
Here are some tips for writing an e-newsletter that will get opened and acted upon!
- Talk as if you’re talking to a friend – Customers are affected by a friendly tone, and are much more likely to engage.
- You need to encourage communication – Make sure you give your readers every opportunity to respond and use specific calls to action to ask for it!
- Be specific! – Don’t stray from your topic, and above all, don’t be boring!
- Create extremely useful content – Provide fresh and different content that’s useful and is exactly what is resonating with your list. (Make sure you know this!)
- Hit emotional hot buttons – Stirring up emotion makes your writing come to life, and will frequently promote more reader engagement.
Don’t settle for plain vanilla autoresponder messages! Create a meaningful and useful e-newsletter today!
Need help with your e-newsletter campaign? Give us a call, we’ll be happy to help you take your next step!