Are Your Emails the Right Size for Mobile?
It’s tough enough ensuring your email marketing messages get through without making the task even more onerous. Making sure you are optimizing your marketing emails could be the difference in success or failure in your campaigns, especially as mobile email open rates are increasing rapidly.
Mobile email opens are exploding!
Mobile email is now the most opened email, surpassing desktop with a robust 36%, according to Knotice.com. Combine that with the reality that email is the favored online communication mode of 74% of all adults, and you’ll see why it’s so important. It’s not just phones either. Tablets are beginning to take a major share also. ReturnPath documents that iPhones make up 59%; iPads 26%; Androids 14%; and Windows phones bringing up the rear at less than 1%.
Some tips for optimizing your marketing emails
So not to leave you without a plan for perfecting your marketing emails, here are some actionable tips that can help ensure your marketing messages appear the way you want them to!
- If you would like your emails read, particularly on a mobile device, make them short and sweet. Create engaging and enticing headlines and content that keep the recipient hooked, as it’s extremely easy to delete an email with a mobile device!
- Keep image files small, as large files take far longer to load. You don’t want people leaving before they even get a chance to see what you’ve got to offer!
- Try for a font size of at least 14. Anything smaller may just be automatically changed and wreak havoc on the way you’ve laid out your formatting.
- Make sure any calls to action are adequately sized for easy tapping. The normal adult fingertip measures around 45 pixels, so bear that in mind.
- Make sure you test your marketing emails on the various mobile platforms prior to clicking the send button! This can be well worth the few minutes it will take!
Optimizing your emails for mobile isn’t something to put off for another day – it’s a big deal – you have to do it today! You can be sure your competition is!