Google + And Your Business
7 Ways Google+ Makes a lot of sense for SEO
So far, Google+ has been sort of like that dog that keeps coming back into your yard looking for scraps. I mean, what should you do with him? The truth is, this dog can hunt! Businesses are starting to wake up to the opportunities with Google+, aiding not just with social media interaction, local visibility in the search engines, and helping to establish your brand; but the many ways it helps you with content. And it’s having results: websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and more than 925,000 people join Google+ every day!
How to utilize your Google+ Local listing
Confused about how to use Google+? Don’t fret – use these to get started!
- 1. Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with some thought. Make sure you use compelling photos and images, and link to your other social media profiles.
- 2. List your local contact information – Include hours of operation, your contact details, along with maps and directions.
- 3. Link to your sites – be sure you link to your primary business blog or site. This is a must!
- 4. Create a business page – Showcase your business where it matters. This has direct benefits for search engine results and for people that find you on Google+.
- 5. Link out to your content –This will have a number of benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly. You can even use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia that can link out to your content elsewhere.
- 6. Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to allow visitors to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- 7. Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This one is incredibly useful. When you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. After that you can upload to YouTube if you wish, thus creating even more useful content. One terrific way to use this is to make impromptu product demos.