Improving Your Facebook Page
Make Your Facebook Page Come to Life
If you’re pondering ways to boost your Facebook page, I’d like to give you eight solid techniques for fast improvement that won’t cost anything but some time. These tips will not only enable you to optimize for Facebook and Google search better, but also lay the basis for better social interaction, and that is where the money is nowadays.
- 1. Make a Commitment – Facebook takes some time and thought. Many are the marketers who have wanted to use a Facebook page for their business, and soon abandoned it, which also says something about your company. Make a commitment to post and participate often, or it may be counter-productive!
- 2. Create a Custom URL – Make sure you get a custom URL for your page. The one it includes isn’t likely to aid with search engine optimization (SEO) or for anyone looking for you.
- 3. Don’t Auto-Post Your Tweets – Twitter is great, but don’t make the mistake of reposting the very same tweets on your Facebook page. Be sure to post fresh content, not warmed-over stuff from elsewhere.
- 4. Keep Updates Short and Sweet – Like it or not, consumers are into short these days. There is a place and time for longer material, but generally aim to keep your posts short – 150 characters or less.
- 5. Deliver Lots of Awesome Content – Creating content that people are able to use and are talking about will be the #1 mission for your page.
- 6. Engage with Your Audience – Encourage interaction, post great photos and shareable content, hold contests, ask questions, anything to get the conversation going!
- 7. Be Responsive to Problems – Take anyone who complains seriously, and be proactive in response to anyone that asks questions. You can head off a lot of problems this way.
- 8. Post Photos – According to Facebook, posts including a photo album, picture or video generate about 180%, 120% and 100% more engagement than text-only updates, respectively.