The Power of Video Marketing
Quite often, the biggest challenge we’ll ever face in online marketing is extending the reach we have. One of the fastest and easiest ways to do that in 2013 is by using the immense power of video marketing.
The evidence is staggering: online video has become inextricably woven into Video Marketing On the Gothe fabric of our daily lives. According to Nielsen, YouTube attracts more than 136 million unique viewers per month. Another very recent accounting done by comScore shows that in November 2012 alone the average viewer enjoyed 1,182 minutes of online video! That’s a lot of watching.
So what are some of the benefits of video marketing?
There are many, but let’s just focus on the top five:
1. Improved search engine presence. Ranking videos high on YouTube and Google is significantly easier than ranking web pages. According to one calculation from a Forrester Research analyst, you have a 50x better chance of ranking video content (versus text content) on page one of Google!
2. Increased reach. Having your videos on platforms where millions congregate will help spread the word about your business quickly. According to Facebook, posts that incorporate a photo or video generate 120% more engagement than the average post!
3. Improved branding, trust and online authority. Simply putting a face to the name can lend authority to your business. According to a CMI survey, 46% of people say they are more likely to seek information about a company, product or service after seeing a video about it.
4. Increased traffic and lead generation. A video that becomes popular can result in a great deal of new visitors and business.
5. Catch a wave. You can respond to market events and news incredibly quickly (sometimes the same day) and reap the search benefits of first responders.
An example of how video marketing can make a difference
BlendTec, a Utah based company that sells commercial blenders, spent $50 on five videos, using the hook, “Will it blend?” Their videos showed them blending everything from iPhones to marbles.
These short, low-budget videos generated more than 35 million views and helped sales grow from $2 million to $10 million in two years. Not bad for a $50 investment!
It’s no surprise, then, that 22% of U.S. small businesses plan on using video in the next 12 months to promote their business!* Check out our low-budget video for more benefits of video marketing for your business.