Have You Asked for Referrals Lately?
7 quick and easy ways to get more client referrals
Everyone is searching for ways to get more client referrals for their small business, especially in competitive markets like New York City. Surprisingly enough, nearly 60% of us don’t even ask for them! Customer referrals do not appear just by wishing it so, but rather as a result of a clear, focused and persistently applied strategy. Listed below are seven ways we’ve found to increase client referrals, and they’re quicker and easier than you might imagine!
- Ask your best clients – They can be your best business evangelists. People who are already in love with what you do won’t need much cajoling to sing your praises.
- Offer practical incentives – Offering product discounts, select offers, or other bonuses which make sense for your business are a fantastic way of getting people to send you new clients.
- Over-deliver on first-time customers – Whenever you get a new customer, a terrific way to get them talking to their circle of contacts is to over-deliver and exceed their expectations. This could happen in a number of ways, but be sure they view your business as a cut above the rest.
- Actively engage customers – Getting your customers talking and interacting with you, and ultimately their social circles, can open many doors. Find common ground, and possibly create an online community for your customers, say for example blog or Facebook group.
- Be courteous and a giver – Make saying “Thank You” a part of your daily lexicon and be generous with regards to handing out perks. Laying a surprise gift card or thank you note on a customer can be very beneficial.
- Get the staff working on it – Helping your employees get behind this can magnify your efforts. You might need to put together some sort of reward, but it can be well worth the time and energy to set it up.
- Create a loyalty program – A customer loyalty program, preferably online, will assist you to create excitement and engagement. Reward interaction in addition to purchases, as this can lead to more and more people becoming involved.
Just like social media interaction, consistently working a customer referral plan takes some dedication, but at the end of the day it can create excellent results.